Financials and Stewardship
Our independently audited financial statements and submitted 990s provide a more in-depth breakdown, showing how the majority of every dollar given to the Center directly supports our research. We invite you to read them.
- Fiscal Year 2010 Audited Financials, 990
- Fiscal Year 2011 Audited Financials, 990
- Fiscal Year 2012 Audited Financials, 990
- Fiscal Year 2013 Audited Financials, 990
- Fiscal Year 2014 Audited Financials, 990
- Fiscal Year 2015 Audited Financials, 990
- Fiscal Year 2016 Audited Financials, 990
Ethics matter to us.
We are consistently ranked high in accountability, transparency, and effectiveness as a nonprofit. For this reason, we are a Gold member of GuideStar, consistently rated 4-stars in "Accountability & Transparency" on Charity Navigator and a 2015 Top Rated Nonprofit on GreatNonprofits.
What will your gift do?
Contributions to any one of our funds will support our efforts to prevent and treat the infectious diseases that kill millions every year; however, below you will find information on each of our giving options. We hope that this detailed explanation of our programs will help you know what you can expect your dollar to do here at the Center, as well as allow you to feel confident in your choice to give.
Breakthrough Fund (General Fund)
In the scientific community, breakthrough refers to a significant discovery that leads to the removal of barriers to progress. Throughout our 40-year history, the work performed at the Center for Infectious Disease Research has contributed to numerous breakthroughs advancing the science of vaccine, drug, and diagnostic discovery. Yet challenges still exist in developing effective, accessible, and reliable interventions. Success will require high-impact collaboration, innovative approaches, and cutting-edge technology, all of which are components of systems biology. Our singular focus on infectious diseases and integration of systems biology uniquely positions us as a leader in the fight against these pathogens.
What You Can Expect
Gifts to our Breakthrough Fund will support our comprehensive efforts to prevent and treat the infectious diseases that, if left untreated, will kill millions in the coming decade. As our unrestricted fund, this option is the most effective investment opportunity as it can fulfill any of the Center’s most critical needs.
Why do other people give?
When you give to the Center for Infectious Disease Research, you are joining a global movement in becoming the cure. But there are a variety of personal reasons our donors choose to give to the Center. Below are just a few examples.
- “There is a huge gap between the need and what private industry can or will do to develop products for underserved markets. CIDR is working to develop new drugs and vaccines to fill that gap and get much needed solutions to global health problems. The scientists and CIDR are world class!!! They deserve not only our respect but our support.”
- “Global health is important and CID Research is one of the leading organizations championing this cause. As a Seattle local, I am proud to support their critical research that is happening in my own backyard.”
- “I consider myself a champion of social justice, and can't think of a better place to invest my money. As a donor, I know that my contributions to the Center will be used in accordance with my wishes because of the transparency they offer through sites like GuideStar and Charity Navigator.”
- “Infectious diseases are disproportionately represented among resource-poor countries. If you're truly concerned about social justice, equality, and global health, this is a great organization to support. They do SO MUCH with their lean staff, really - a sound investment.”
Want to know more?
Want to know more about the impact we make here at the Center for Infectious Disease Research? Download all our previous year annual reports and check out our organizational brochure: